Wednesday 16 February 2011

Runaway.

Sweet karmas and bittersweet goodbye

Cups of tea gone cold, silence, demise

Unread books, and dusty shelves

Twisted round historical self



Smell the reminiscent fantasy

Hold on to that reality

Black masks, disguise

Hidden identity, nothing but lies

Fear of darkness, realisation goodbyes

Lets kiss one last time



Remember holding hands squeeze tightly

Summer rays, and blue skies

Wishing that it would never end

Hoping it would not crash, descend

Shouting screaming laughing this time

Dancing, drinking beer, thrum of music

Smell of sweat, ale feel almost amnesiac

Spin me around lets dance some more

In these sweet ballet shoes,

Lets piroquette we wont lose



Spinning spinning, a crash of glass

Wow, this is going too fast

Shattering the table hitting the floor

Voice from distant memories recall

You wont be alone, here once and for all

Words a jumble like from scrabble games

A tombola, a mixture of fun, dangerous games

Upside down smileys and dictionary words

Hit the coldness sharp and bitter absurd

Dont stand too close, stay back

Just afraid you will drop me like a piece of litter

And bring my defences down down down



Dreams in this parallel universe

Your perfect, nothing worse

Standing at the edge, limited seams

Drink tequila, face flat on the floor not dreaming

Of these incessant remnants of possibilities



I'm not leaving you I remember in a cloudy haze

Someone saying as they carried me home,me in a daze

Did I dream a kiss on the forehead?

So caring so sweet, I want to run instead

Yet there you sit, by my bed, taking care of me

Despite my harsh words, you know you see

That I love you despite all my insecurities

You see we are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment