Monday 21 February 2011

Race for Life.

So I signed up for the race for life a couple of weeks ago, and today I officially started training for it. I went to the gym, and am taking it slow to begin with as have decided to run it. Bought this useful book a while ago called Running for Beginners, just as well, it is proving very useful.

Gives you good tips not to mention motivational quotes from Martin Luther King something along the lines of taking one step at a time before climbing the entire staircase rings bells.

The music definitely helped, listening to Lady GaGa makes a workout so much more fun :D. Will have a rest tomorrow and then start up again on Wednesday. I felt a bit like Bridget Jones you know where shes decided to get fit and healthy and quit smoking and theres a picture of her on the cycle and she cycles so hard that when she came off, she fell off. I felt a bit like that except I didnt fall off, just felt a bit dizzy haha.

There was a guy who was running next to me was slightly intimidating, as he was running so fast, and all I could think was I wish I could run as fast and as good as that. Nevermind maybe someday hey?

Anyway Day 1, the programme lasts ten weeks as am not starting the race till 12th June. Will keep you updated who ever reads or is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment