Saturday 1 October 2011

Dreams to Dust.

You tell me I'm pretty, Im your everything
You tell me your secrets and then you break me
You let me believe your lies and declarations
You let me dream that I was your everything



You said that you would never let me go
Told me you loved me and I believed you so
Blinded by the aurora lights over the horizon
There you stood on my own pedastool
Now I feel like such a complete fool



The times we spent together every day
Thought you loved me come what may
One path, one straight road
Was all set to marry you
Yet it wasnt meant to be
For you ruined everything
For me



The tears that fell like the waterfall
The disappointment and grief all welled up
High hopes and dreams never came around
Just bitter twists and ends full of ups and downs
These memories reside inside of my head
Despite everything I just cannot forget



There are some things that money cannot buy
That go too deep, that stay deep inside
Thought you believed in me and in us
I have no faith anymore
In love at all because
You have shattered my hopes to dust
Whatever remains is no use to anyone now
Stronger than I was before,
Was yielding but now hard as a stone
Stronger now because I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment